#4 Project Night
- Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:00 PM
- TechHub Riga, Kalku street 12, Riga, entrance from Kaleju street.
- English, Latvian
- A wireless-enabled laptop and power cord per two participants.
- None. Become a sponsor.
- Bring your own snacks and drinks.
After struggling to get new and interesting talks each month for our monthly meetups we have decided to loosen up on this format. Instead, we will default to Project Nights twice a month, but have presentations whenever someone volunteers to present something. This gives us a chance to spend more time together doing things we love, and also to prepare occasional top notch talks. Have a different opinion? Come hang in the chat.
For those who don't know, Project Nights are freeform, generally unstructured events, providing the opportunity for developers to work together, mentor each other, connect socially, teach, learn, or do whatever else it is developers want to do together.
It's a great way to build the Python/developer community, by allowing members to meet and interact in whatever way they find most beneficial.
Need some project ideas? How about:
Find projects to hack on
- Where's the best place to find project to hack on - reddit discussion on where to find hacking projects.
- Kindling projects - a compilation of kindling project by Ned Batchelder. Kindling projects are simple enough that a new learner can take them on, but with possibilities for extension and creativity. Large enough that there isn't one right answer, but designed to be hacked on by a learner simply to flex their muscles.
- MakeRiga Hacking competition - prepare for hacking competition.
- 19:00 - Meet and greet
- 19:15 - Programming
- 21:00 - Q&A, evening retrospective
- 21:20 - Chill
Take your friends with you, and make new ones. Tweet @pythonlatvia #python and enjoy the evening!RSVP