March 4, 2015, #29 Meetup - April Fools' Day
On Wednesday, April 1st, our monthly meetup took place at TechHub Riga. No joke, a real meetup with real people. Pizza and cookies were provided courtesy of EGlobal, who have a bunch of pythonistas here in Latvia.
This time it was bit different. Instead of a presentation we enjoyed food and had a circle of trust, chatting about things that interest us. We shared our ideas and opinions about languages, projects and the unpredictable future.
Processing large datasets
- http://blaze.pydata.org/en/latest/ - Blaze translates a subset of modified NumPy and Pandas-like syntax to databases and other computing systems. Blaze gives Python users a familiar interface to query data living in other data storage systems.
- https://into.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ - Data migration utilities
- http://lxml.de/sax.html - lxml support for SAX.
- http://wikisearch.net - Live Clusterpoint database technology demonstration
- http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/slides/2013-03-pycon/ and video at https://youtu.be/YklKUuDpX5c - The Naming of Ducks: Where Dynamic Types Meet Smart Conventions
- https://archive.org/details/stackexchange - Stack Exchange Data Dump. Torrent file with XML files.
- http://jakeaustwick.me/python-web-scraping-resource/ - Python web scraping resource
- https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python#web-crawling - Libraries for scraping websites.
- http://scrapy.org/ - An open source and collaborative framework for extracting the data you need from websites. In a fast, simple, yet extensible way.
- https://github.com/jmcarp/robobrowser - RoboBrowser: Your friendly neighborhood web scraper
- https://www.binpress.com/tutorial/manipulating-pdfs-with-python/167 - PDF scraping.
- http://www.one-tab.com/page/SUeJFBWUQkKaCsl6rsfB2g - web scraping article compilation.
- http://pandas.pydata.org/ - Python Data Analysis Library
- http://scikit-learn.org/ - Machine Learning in Python
- http://gmvault.org/ - Gmvault Gmail Backup, to get your email as a dataset.
- http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023784.do - Python for Data Analysis Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- http://peekaboo-vision.blogspot.com/2013/01/machine-learning-cheat-sheet-for-scikit.html Machine Learning Cheat Sheet (for scikit-learn)
- http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029182.do - Thinking with Data How to Turn Information into Insights
- http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028918.do - Data Science for Business What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
- http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781118661468.do - Data Smart Using Data Science to Transform Information into Insight. Trailer for the book http://www.john-foreman.com/data-smart-book.html
- 2015-04-15 19:00, Project night at The Mill.
- 2015-05-06 19:00, Monthly meetup with presentation at TechHub Riga.
Have something to say? Propose a talk.